- 20 years in clinical trial support services (investigator and patient recruitment and management, site management, reporting)
- Major pharmaceutical clients, 250,000+ enrolled subjects in thousands of studies
- Authored two books on patient recruitment and retention
- 20 years of accredited medical education and public education experience
- 10’s of thousands of documented education sessions; 100’s of thousands views on YouTube and social media
- Training U.S. Centers for Disease Control in medical communications since 2007
- Nationwide use of online apps and audience recruitment
- Multiple start-up and growth experiences
Medical Cannabis is:
- Evaluated fairly by medical science for its benefits and risks for public consumption.
- Tested via clinical trials through local partnerships of consumers, physicians, processors, growers, and dispensaries.
- Manufactured and labeled with the same standards as neutraceuticals and supplements.
- Regulated at the State level to reflect State values and achieve mutual benefits for all parties.
For Individuals / families
- Provide evidence-based information on the effectiveness of cannabis formulations for treating specific health conditions.
- Enable participation opportunities in nearby clinical trials with partnered physicians, dispensaries, processors, and growers.
- Offer online information and education on the quickly expanding base of cannabis medical science.
- Support marijuana doctors, and introduce new doctors to the benefits of cannabis therapy.
- Encourage doctors to innovate with local cannabis clinical trials without having to handle study product.
- Provide ongoing continuing education for doctors and staff about cannabis medical.
For Processors and Growers
- Arrange for clinical trials in local areas to test the effect of formulations on specific health conditions.
- Enable accurate labeling claims to spur helpful promotion to consumers.
- Encourage innovation from other clinical trial results around the country.
For Cannabis Dispensaries
- Participating in clinical trials by being the distribution center for tested product.
- Promoting products which have undergone successful clinical trials.
- Ongoing education materials for store staff to enable informed consumer choice.
For State Governments
- Consulting on clinical trial design and reporting standards statewide.
- Assisting with state labeling standards for consumer information.
- Providing educational and informational materials on the latest in cannabis medical science.
Joseph (Joe) Sameh is a healthcare entrepreneur and recognized industry leader, author, and speaker. He has more than a decade experience as medical practice manager with a previous 30 year career in computer, telephone, and communications systems. His unique contributions to better patient access in clinical trials, patient recruitment ,and enhanced management of the process, are widely recognized. Among his inventions, Sameh invented what we know of as the patient communications portal in your electronic health record that allows you to communicate with your physician. Starting a call center for doctors in Chicago, MediConnect evolved to provide services to more than 17,000 physicians nationwide plus the majority of Chicago area hospitals.
MediConnect also managed the communications needs of some of the largest medical practices throughout the United States including large regional providers ranging from as far east as Virginia’s Riverside Medical and Mid-Atlantic’s The Lewis Gale Clinics to the west’s Tillamook County, WA health department.
Sameh conceived, published, presented and tested a radical new model for improving the rate of patient recruitment into clinical drug studies crafted as ‘Centralized Recruitment, Retention and Compliance’. Over several decades, PhoneScreen was involved in hundreds of studies covering numerous therapies and treatments sponsored by more than 55 biotech, pharmaceutical, and medical device companies.
Joe’s LinkedIN profile:
Jonathan Marx, MBA
Chief Marketing Officer
Jonathan Marx, MBA has a distinguished career in communications, multi-media and education. He has been in healthcare since 2001 as President of several startups in medical education initiatives for healthcare professionals and public education projects.
He has grown businesses in medical writing training providing training webinars and materials for the staff of the US Centers for Disease Control and medical writers from thirty countries since 2011.
He has been President of InQuill Medical Communications, LLC which has written technical papers for numerous large organizations and grants, as well as founded worldwide initiatives on adult ADHD and connections between nutrition and mental health in teamwork with world-renown specialists.
Prior to his healthcare endeavors, Marx served as Senior Executive in numerous communications companies – as Senior Vice President for Viacom Cable, VP of Strategy for the Pacific Bell Yellow Pages, and President of ISP Channel, a pioneer in high-speed internet.
Jonathan’s LinkedIN profile:
Chief Technology Officer
Gregori Kanatzidis is an entrepreneur and software developer with extensive experience designing and implementing complex, scalable software systems.
His background includes leading software teams, building highly successful e-commerce platforms from the ground up, as well as prototyping IoT devices and controls.
He is well-versed in the critical needs of privacy and security in software and brings that knowledge to CannaTrials’ IT operations.
Gregori’s LinkedIN profile:
Albert Khavkin, DO
Khavkin Clinic Las Vegas
Albert Khavkin, DO is an anesthesiologist and has been in practicing medicine for over 30 years. He received his first Medical degree in Moscow, Russia. After relocating to the United States, he completed his second medical degree in the US as an Osteopathic physician with an emphasis on a holistic approach to working with patients.
Dr. Khavkin enhanced his training by completing his anesthesiology residency in Chicago and now focuses his practice on providing anesthesia and pain management services for a wide variety of medical conditions. Dr. Khavkin’s broad knowledge and experience in medicine serves CannaTrials well as CannaTrials researches the best products for patient care.
Isaac Malafsky, JD
Attorney at Law
Isaac Malafsky, JD, graduated Chicago-Kent College of Law and focuses his practice on corporate, securities, and entertainment law. He has served as Intellectual Property Fellow and Associate Editor for the Journal of Intellectual Property and the Institute for Compliance at Chicago-Kent.
Isaac has experience in federal litigation, trademarks, copyrights, and financial services regulatory enforcement matters. In addition, he brings broad experience in data management and data normalization solutions for enterprise applications. Isaac’s experience in copyrights, trademarks and regulatory enforcement matters brings added strength to the CannaTrials team as the company navigates a shifting regulatory environment.